Earrings: Another Attempt

Over the reading break, I stayed a few nights at my parent’s house. I decided that I wanted to give polymer clay another try, so I brought home my materials and tools. One night I started molding clay at the dining room table and was soon joined by my mom and sister. They asked to join me in the process and started making earrings of their own. They made a lot of extra clay bits for me to use as well, and they tried out some new shapes and techniques that I hadn’t even thought of (all of the extra pieces are pictured above, some created by me, and some created by my mom and sister). This was pretty exciting, as I got to pass along the little bits of knowledge that I had acquired about this skill so far, and I got to learn from their ideas as well.  After the clay was baked, I showed them how to finish the earrings with hooks and connector rings. Overall, this turned out to be a great way to spend the night with my family, and I loved being able to pass on some of the knowledge that I have learned so far in this process.

Photo by Tyla Penner (CC by 4.0)

← Previous Post

Next Post →

1. woodragon

These look rad, Tyla! I can’t really “pull off” earrings myself, but I think they look super cool!